Before Your Procedure
- Failure to cancel or reschedule an appointment within 72 hours will result in a “no show” fee. If you are not able to keep your scheduled appointment time, please call our Scheduling Department in adequate time at (318) 525-3250.
- If you are having a sedated procedure, follow the diet instructions/restrictions as indicated on the enclosed preparation sheet. Please make sure you do not have anything to drink within 4 hours of your appointment.
- Bring a list of medications you are now taking, including the dosage and directions. Please notify us in advance if you are taking a blood thinner.
- If you are taking Coumadin® (Warfarin), Plavix®, Aggrenox®, Pradaxa®, Effient®, Pletal®, Brilinta®, Eliquis® or ANY blood thinner for your heart or to prevent a stroke or blood clot, call our office for instructions on the possibility of stopping the medicine. If you have not received a call, please call our office.
- The only medications you should take on the morning of your scheduled procedure are blood pressure medication, heart medication and seizure medication if you routinely take them in the morning time. You may take these at 6AM with a small sip of water. Please check with our office concerning any other medications prior to taking them on the morning of your procedure.
- Notify your doctor in advance if you have any change in your physical condition, such as development of cold, fever or other symptoms that might result in the need to reschedule your procedure.
- Wear simple and comfortable clothing. Avoid excessive makeup, lipstick, false eyelashes, hair pins, jewelry and contact lenses. Please leave your valuables at home or with a family member for safe-keeping.
- Bring any orders or papers that your referring doctor has given you.
- You must have a responsible adult, friend or family member to bring you and remain at the facility during the entirety of the procedure until your discharge. Failure to do so could result in your procedure being delayed or rescheduled. This person should be able to drive you home and assume your care after leaving our facility. If you are under 18 years of age, you must be accompanied by your legal guardian. We cannot allow you to leave our facility unescorted. Taxi or public transportation is not acceptable.
- Outpatients who have been given medication for sedation should not attempt to drive for 6 to 8 hours after the procedure due to impairment of the reflexes, as well as memory.
Preparing for Your Procedure
Upon scheduling your procedure, you should have been given instructions to prepare for your procedure. If you have questions, please contact our office at (318) 631-9121.
After Your Procedure & Discharge
- You will remain in the Shreveport Endoscopy Center until you are satisfactorily recovered and your doctor releases you.
- One of our nurses will give you discharge instructions before you leave. Please follow these instructions carefully.
- You should not drink alcoholic beverages, operate machinery, or drive for eight (8) hours, if you receive sedation. You may resume a normal diet unless your doctor advises otherwise.
- You may resume your regular activities the following day or as instructed by the doctor.
- You will be called the day after your procedure. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office to speak with a nurse.
- Once again, we thank you for choosing our facility. Our staff looks forward to assisting you in any way possible.