Getting Ready for Your Visit
In order for us to provide the best care for you and a timely check-in, it is very important that you bring the following items to your visit:
- Photo ID
- A list of your current medications
- Insurance card
- Be sure to check with your insurance plan to see if you are required to have a referral from your primary care provider prior to seeing one of our physicians.
- New Patients: Download the demographic and medical history forms below.
Download Patient Forms:
Office Hours: Monday – Friday | 8AM – 4:30PM
Appointments: All visits are by appointment only. Appointments can be made during office hours. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8AM to 4:30PM. To make an appointment, call (318) 525-3250 or click below.
When Calling for an Appointment:
- Call several days in advance when possible.
- Describe the nature of your problem to the person making your appointment.
- If you must cancel an appointment, please give us as much notice as possible, as this will allow us to see someone who may be in need of an earlier visit.
- If you are going to be late, please call the office.
- Failure to cancel or reschedule an appointment within 72 hours will result in a “no show” fee.
Prescription Renewals: Prescriptions are renewed during normal office hours. In some instances, we may require that patients be seen in our office prior to medication renewal.
Test Results: Test results will include lab, radiology and pathology. As test results are available and reviewed by your physician, you will be contacted with those results. Please allow three working days before contacting the office for your results.
Financial: All office visits are payable at the time of service. We accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards. Please contact the billing office at 318-638-6000 should you have any financial questions or concerns.