When Calling for an Appointment:
- Call several days in advance when possible.
- Describe the nature of your problem to the person making your appointment.
- If you must cancel an appointment, please give us as much notice as possible, as this will allow us to see someone who may be in need of an earlier visit.
- If you are going to be late, please call the office.
- Failure to cancel or reschedule an appointment within 72 hours will result in a “no show” fee.
Prescription Renewals: Prescriptions are renewed during normal office hours. In some instances, we may require that patients be seen in our office prior to medication renewal.
Test Results: Test results will include lab, radiology and pathology. As test results are available and reviewed by your physician, you will be contacted with those results. Please allow three working days before contacting the office for your results.
Financial: All office visits are payable at the time of service. We accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards. Please contact the billing office at 318-638-6000 should you have any financial questions or concerns.