LRC – Dedicated to Discovery; Committed to Care”
The Louisiana Research Center, LLC is a clinical research center owned and operated by gastroenterologists who are also partners in the group practice of GastroIntestinal Specialists, A.M.C. The Center is able to serve you with two locations. The practice has participated in investigational studies since 1992, and the successful completion of these studies led to the formation of Louisiana Research Center. There are five full-time coordinators on staff.
The consistent ability to recruit and enroll patients, and complete studies in a timely and professional manner, has resulted in a high level of satisfaction for both clinical research organizations and sponsoring pharmaceutical companies.
Since 1992, we have participated in and completed studies involving peptic ulcer disease (with Helicobacter pylori), erosive esophagitis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, non-erosive esophagitis, anal-rectal disease, chronic constipation, NASH, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease and hepatitis C.
We have also performed studies in healthy volunteers to study the possible effects of medications on the gastrointestinal tract. Louisiana Research Center is actively pursuing participation in additional gastrointestinal studies.
- Associated with the largest group of board-certified gastroenterologists in the Ark-La-Tex.
- Utilizes a centralized institutional review board (IRB).
- Adheres to Good Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Has access to a large population base with a diverse array of pathology.
- Utilizes the Shreveport Endoscopy Center for studies requiring endoscopic procedures.
- Has been highly successful in patient recruitment.
- Has an excellent record of timely completion of studies with accurate and complete source documents.